Our (Remote) Services
√ Initial consultation
Discuss your’e current issues and/or concerns and talk about strategies and goals.
We make sure that your muscles, joints, and nerves function properly and in sync. Spinal alignment is also corrected to restore full functrion and mobility. We provide you with the tools and information so you can help yourself during recovery and to prevent recurrences.
√ Ergonomic consulting
Designing job demands to fit within the capabilities the ergonomics at the workplace is the most efficient way to prevent musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
√ Posturen and movement alignment check-up
Alignment refers to how the head, shoulders, spine, hips, knees and ankles relate and line up with each other. Proper alignment of the body puts less stress on the spine and helps you have good posture.
We provide a full analysis of your posture. We offer strategies to help improve your posture at home and at work.
You don’t think about most movements and postures at all; you make them automatically. But some habits are not good for your body and can cause complaints and Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). Musculoskeletal disorders are extremely common and are usually associated with pain and loss of function. Globally, all MSDs combined account for 21.3% of the total years lived with disability. MSDs may have to do with the way you move or with your lifestyle.
- Locking knees unnecessarily can create pain in your knees, hips or back.
- Dropping the head forward can create tension in your neck and can cause headaches.
- Slumped shoulders trigger spinal fatigue with consequent slack abdominal and back muscles.
- Spinal fatigue can lead directly to misalignments in the spine en cause back, neck, hip, knee and foot pain
- Our technology-driven work and recreational habits increase immobility and static positions. Sitting is the 21st century posture.
- People with chronic back pain control their posture and balance differently. Even when they’re having good days or taking pain-drugs.[i]
Illnesses such as rheumatism, or stress can also cause physical complaints.
Bess Mensendieck formulated a functional exercise system during the early 1900’s to prevent or cure problems regarding the movement of joints and muscles. Bess Mensendieck put great emphasis on the unity of body and mind and she wanted to provide her patients with knowledge of and insight into the way they moved.
This treatment method is based on own self-activation. You become aware of the many different ways one can move by doing certain exercises.If you repeat these regularly and don’t regard them as separate exercises but learn to integrate them in the movements of your daily life, they will become a habit (just like getting dressed in the morning) that leads to problems being prevented or solved.
The exercises require a minimum of physical effort and time, but are remarkably effective in reducing pain and disability and improve function, motion, confidence.
Millions of people have experienced sustainable benefits from the Mensendieck method.
Mensendieck brings relief through improved body mechanics with an active self-treatment plan
Frequently Asked Questions
Is remote Mensendieck Therapy effective?
On the results of recent systematic reviews, digital remote therapy should be considered as an alternative to usual face-to-face treatments. Cottrell et al.  reported aggregated results suggesting that real-time telerehabilitation contacts reduce pain and improve physical function in a variety of musculoskeletal conditions.
Mensendieck therapy is a “hands off” method. This makes it a very suitable method for Remote treatment.
What is the Effect of a Mensendieck Exercise Program for Recurrent Low Back Pain?
What are Musculoskeletal Disorders?
Often the a wrong posture, overloading and/or increased muscle tension are the cause. Other causes are Abnormalities in the bone or joints, trauma and degenerative diseases.
What is the perfect posture?
There is no one perfect posture, there are better and worse postures.
The human body is designed to move, walk and run, not to sit in a folded, cramped position for hours.
If you spend a big chunk of your life sitting, you must actively do something to counteract your habits, or your posture will suffer.
How can we develop work-related MSDs over time due to poor postures? What simple measures, taken before it is too late, can reduce the problem?
Understand in 1 minute
The impact of poor posture (at work), that acute and chronic back, neck and wrist pain can develop as a result of poor posture and how minor alterations to the workplace environment can reduce the frequency of MSDs
Read more about Mensendieck.org
How does remote therapy work?
- The intake starts with a questionnaire that is sent prior to the consultation. This questionnaire takes about 5 minutes, information such as what is causing the symptoms and what activities are increasing the symptoms are asked.
- During the consult we will go through this intake form with you and ask additional questions.
- After this, a physical examination and a number of functional tests will start to get as complete a view of the symptoms.
- We will discuss a treatment plan, and book in for your next session as needed.
What is the difference between physical therapy and Mensendieck?
Is Mensendieck Evidence Based?
Does posture influence emotions?
When we are upright and look up, we are more likely to:
- Have more energy (Peper & Lin, 2012).
- Feel stronger (Peper, Booiman, Lin, & Harvey, 2016).
- Find it easier to do cognitive activity (Peper, Harvey, Mason, & Lin, 2018).
- Feel more confident and empowered (Cuddy, 2012).
- Recall more positive autobiographical memories (Michalak, Mischnat,& Teismann, 2014).
How Much Does Mensendieck Therapy Cost?
Most insurance providers in The Netherlands cover Mensendieck costs.
Even a one-time session can be highly effective.